Art of Hosting Trainings
Here is a listing of upcoming Art of Hosting trainings worldwide – mostly 3-day events where you are immersed in and learn about the basics of Art of Hosting. Some of these trainings have a specific focus on top of the general training, mostly mentioned in the calling question.
There might be other events mentioned in this list, but they will all have entry-level quality (so no previous experience required) and will rely heavily on the Art of Hosting DNA for its design.
Click on “View Details” to learn more about any event.
5 May - 7 May 2014, Toronto, Canada
Art of Social Innovation
LEARNING IN COMPLEXITY THRIVING IN CHANGING SYSTEMS WORKING WITH DIVERSITY & DIFFERENCE
participatory leadership in times of change
The complexity we are facing in the world right now is pushing us to ask some new questions about how we act, what our organizations do and how to respond:
- How can we increase our capacity to learn?
- How can we thrive in complexity and shifting systems?
- How can we create initiatives and innovate within complexity?
- How to work with relationships, difference, diversity?
In Toronto and beyond, social innovators and pioneers of new ways of doing things are popping up all around us. We can’t predict the results. This by nature is complex. The complexity can be overwhelming - halting our learning, making us feel stuck, tense, and even perpetuating fragmentation and conflict - with and among those who are also trying to make a better world a practical reality.
This training will explore:
How we can use methods and practices of collaborative and participatory leadership to connect social innovation efforts, learn from one another and address the complexity of the challenges facing communities and organizations today?
This is for people who:
- are ready to step into making a better world a practical reality
- see that making a better world cannot happen in isolation
- want to increase their capacity to learn
- need to work with diverse voices and invite diversity into their work
- are ready to develop their own capacity, and the capacity of those doing good work around us
Hosted by:Chris Corrigan, Rachel Caroline Derrah, Sophia Horwitz, Violetta Ilkiw
Please see event brite site